Investigator says lack of due diligence caused problems at TARC
David Beyer said he interviewed 70 people last year and found that there was no proper screening when Ferdinand Risco was hired in February 2017.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – An investigator hired to investigate the former TARC director accused of sexual abuse, said a lack of due diligence led to problems within the agency.
David Beyer, a former FBI agent hired by Metro Council presented his findings to the government oversight committee on Tuesday evening.
Its full report had already been released last month.
Beyer said he interviewed 70 people last year and found there was no proper screening when Ferdinand Risco was hired in February 2017.
“There was a lot of negative information about Mr. Risco that would have made any reasonable person question whether he was the right candidate for TARC,” he told the committee.
Beyer said a previous TARC investigation blamed Risco, but the board had an obligation to oversee the director, including his expenses.
During the meeting, city councilor Anthony Piagentini said the Metro Council needs to set more expectations for the boards of certain government agencies.
He then posted on Twitter that he planned to introduce legislative changes to end future abuses.