Travel plan resources for schools – modeshiftSTARS
Modeshift STARS arrives in Somerset
Somerset County Council and the Somerset Activity and Sports Partnership (SASP) have partnered with Modeshift STARS to give all schools the opportunity to develop a sustainable school travel plan through the Modeshift STARS Education Accreditation Program.
And it’s free for all types of schools in Somerset!
What is Modeshift STARS?
- Modeshift STARS is the national accreditation program supported by the Ministry of Transport. It allows schools to achieve different levels of rewards for promoting and supporting sustainable and active travel.
- Since its launch in 2008, Modeshift STARS has seen more than 1,400 schools in England achieve accreditation.
Why register for Modeshift STARS?
- Nationally recognized accreditation system – accredited schools receive a plaque, a certificate and can use the STARS logo.
- Travel grants – a chance to be considered for regional and national STARS school trip awards.
- Healthier students – by encouraging young people to adopt active and healthy lifestyles through more walking, scootering and cycling.
- School trip plan – a national standard school transport plan is automatically created, which will allow significant savings in time and money.
- Change behavior – STARS will provide you with the tools you need to reduce car use and increase active commuting for a happier, healthier school.
- Contributes to the Somerset School Wellness Framework pillar of lifestyle and can be linked to the larger curriculum.
Register your school for Modeshift STARS and get your first Somerset STAR?
- Check out our handy guide to signing up and getting started
- The good news is that we can use initiatives and events from 2 years ago to reach bronze, so you might already be closer than you think.
More information can be found here: Modeshift STARS – Travel Plan in Education, Business and Communities